The good news :-am going to be able to get to my friends house near Mayenne, where I had hoped the replacement passport would be waiting.
The bad news :- Unfortunately the vet is refusing to issue a replacement Passport. Instead he has written a letter with the corrections. I have a horrible feeling this will not be acceptable, the passport is a stand alone document. So tomorrow I have to call DEFRA & pray they accept the letter is sufficient. If not, which quite frankly is the response I expect, having read the guidelines issued to vets on pets passport completion. I will try & persuade DEFRA to contact him on my behalf – maybe the RCVS as well.
Really peed off about this extra & unnecessary hassle.